Sunday, October 3, 2010

Old School

So I was looking through the "Edit Posts" page and I found a draft I didn't publish. I wrote it in March, but apparently forgot to post it or something. Anyway, here it is. I'll post some pictures of Colden from March too.


Well, here we are 7 and a half months after I promised to do a better job of posting updates and I'm still just as horrible about it. When we first started this blog, Colden was doing new things everyday and I'm so glad Chris was diligent about keeping everyone updated. I was just reading a few of them and even I had forgotten about some things that Colden used to do (GASP!). I'm not as funny as Christopher, but I have just as much information to report :) So, without any further ado, here are some of the new things he's doing:
In the last entry, I mentioned that he knew about 20 signs. He now knows between 35 and 40 signs. AND....he's starting to talk. ALOT. I mean, if we were to stick you in a room with him and let you try to figure out what's he saying? Good luck. But if you're around him quite a bit, you'd be able to figure it out. Our favorite word that he says right now is turtle. He says it with so much conviction....TUR-TULLE!
He is also starting to tell us when he goes tee tee or doo doo. But, he only tells us after the fact. We know when he is going doo doo because he'll go into one of our bathrooms and won't let anyone come in. Then, when he's finished, he'll come out and say "doo doo" and point at his diaper. Then, he'll go get a new diaper, ONE wipe (like one wipe is going to do the trick), and his A&D ointment, and lay down so we can change his diaper. I know this is probably a sign that he's ready to start potty training, but I just don't exactly know how to start.



No comments: