Monday, June 23, 2008

Change

I guess now-a-days you could track a person's life stages just by the topics they google. Our most recently googled topics: Diaper rash, sleeping through the night, letting baby cry themselves to sleep, cleaning services. Big change from "best happy hours" and "what to do with all my free time". CHANGE. This word has taking on a whole new meaning lately. Everything changes when you're responsible for a brand new person: Priorities, perspectives, daily routines. Leaving the house now is like deploying for a military mission. "Diapers...Check. Burp cloth... Check. Extra clothes and pacifier... Check and check. Prepare to leave in 1 hour." I'm waiting for the day both of us are in the car and realize Colden is still in the house. Speaking of change, there should be a rule on the amount of time you must wear a diaper before you can defile it. It's not uncommon for a diaper to be on for less than five minutes... then BAM! Turd Part Deux: Revenge of the Breast Milk. I don't know if dropping a load in your pants is more satisfying when you have a brand new diaper on, but I'm coming to the conclusion that it is. Change is inevitable and Colden is definitely worth the change in my life. Things may take longer to do and somethings don't get done as often, but I am a father now and that will never change.



Chris








No comments: