Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Well the first long road trip is in the books. Colden did marvelous! He slept 90% of the trip. The amount of cargo it took to travel with a baby, two dogs and a wife (who, to her credit, managed to get 4 days worth of "essentials" into 2 bags) makes me rethink getting rid of my truck. I also found that diaper poo bombs are a great way to relieve road rage. I'll have to admit I was a little apprehensive about a 3+ hour car trip with a 9 week old baby. I imagined 3 hours turning into 6 with a whole lot more crying involved (and not just from Colden). We'll see if he can continue this trend as we embark on a 5 hour trip to Big Spring this coming weekend.
This weekend was loads of fun. We even squeezed in a trip to San Antonio. We got a chance to meet Adrienne's family (my future sister in-law). They were very fun and Adrienne's cousin is wise beyond her years. After that we met up with Bryce and Milena for dinner at The Riverwalk. It is very frustrating when people see you pushing a stroller and don't make the slightest effort to give you room to pass. I wanted to set an example by chucking a few of them into the river. It was a great evening in spite of those less considerate.
Colden started smiling a lot more this weekend, I think he is finally realizing what funny parents he has. Colden was a hit with everyone, but they seemed pretty surprised that I could have a hand in making such a beautiful baby. "Good thing he took after his mother" was heard quite a bit. After remembering some of my baby pictures, it is a good thing he took after her. Well with out further ado here are the pictures I promised last time.

Chris

No comments: